Would you like to work with Nicholas? Contact Concurrency and lets start the conversation>> Contact Concurrency
Nicholas is an experienced executive level Information technology leader with ITIL V2/V3 expertise and a 12+ year track record of successfully leading managers, teams, coaching, project sponsorship, strategic planning, managing budgets, and organizational development. His overall experience includes 25 years in the technology space at major companies including Concurrency, Faegre Baker Daniels, Accenture, Capella Education Company, UCare, Lifetouch and The Pillsbury Company.
- 2017 Executive MBA – Carlson School of Management
- 2014 B.A. Organizational Behavior – The College of Saint Scholastica
- 2014 ITIL V3 Planning, Protection and Optimization
- 2012 ITIL V3 Release, Control and Validation
- 2012 White Belt, Lean Six Sigma
- 2011 ITIL V3 Foundations
- 2006 ITIL V2 Foundations
July 2017 – Present
Concurrency – Solution Architect
- Responsible for business success through Organizational Change Management and facilitating teams to deliver high quality technical and business solutions.
July 2016 – March 2017
C4 Technical Services – Director of Support Services
- Responsible for directing the Bremer Bank Support Services department of three team, Solution Center, Field Service Engineers, and Production Support.
- Responsible for coaching, performance management, and mentoring of managers and teams.
- Maintained and built key relationships with business stakeholders and vendor partners.
February 2011- May 2016
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP – Senior Manager of Infrastructure and Systems Support Services
- Responsible for key stakeholder relationships with customers and executive leadership to ensure we meet business priorities and needs. This includes working closely with the Project Management Office (PMO) to prepare for project deployments and support level staffing as needed.
- Managed three teams with over 20+ staff collectively: Infrastructure Engineering, Systems Administration and the Service Desk.
- Responsible for infrastructure and application level security best practices to ensure that the firm and client data is protected with all appropriate techniques and countermeasures.
March 2008 – February 2011
UCare – Enterprise Systems Support Manager
- Led a $500,000+ SCRUM Agile project to create an enterprise class health plan member and provider portal based on SharePoint 2007 and SQL 2008 technologies for 200,000+ members and 11,000+ providers. Responsible for project budget, project management, leading project steering committee with business stakeholders, training, and presentations to senior leadership.
- Responsible for leading the Enterprise Support Systems Agile development team of three individual contributors, performance reviews, with hire and termination authority. Work was reviewed in a daily stand up SCRUM style meeting.
- Responsible for the support of enterprise applications such as SharePoint and SaaS solutions to provide information to providers and members of UCare.
December 2006 – March 2008
Lifetouch Inc. – Senior Systems Administrator/IT Change Manager
- Lead and managed the IT Change Management process for over 100 staff and several locations.
- Technical lead of many system deployments and upgrades including HP OpenView Service Desk, Windows SharePoint Services, Microsoft Project Server 2007, Microsoft Forms Server 2007, Jive Forums and others.
- Manage internal web analytics on key business systems to guide system administration decisions.
- Provide training on Windows SharePoint Services to business users and executive leadership.
- Wrote technical documentation on administration processes and procedures.
- Design and develop technical vision for key application systems.
September 2004 – December 2006
Capella Education Company – Senior Systems Administrator
- Responsible for day to day operation and troubleshooting of the BEA Weblogic UNIX Solaris and Windows 9.5 app tier servers for the online course room with 22,000+ active learners.
- Created, maintained and decommissioned domain global and domain universal groups within the Active Directory environment.
- ry environments from Java and SharePoint environments.
- Technically led and mentored on several systems pre and post implementation.
- Mentor team members on technical troubleshooting approaches and assisting manager on team building.
- Project manager for service packs and hot fix implementation for key business systems.
June 2000 – Sept 2004
Accenture – Senior Consultant/Team Lead
- Assisted in the development of the Active Directory environment and placement of domain controllers.
- Monitored and developed process improvement documentation for Active Directory processes and procedures.
- Team lead for the Active Directory operations group with 5 direct reports.
- Active Directory administration for 25 global domain controllers and 80,000 employees (Windows 2000 and 2003 Servers).
- Lotus Notes Administration and Development on 250 globally replicating notes servers with over 10,000 applications.
- Technically led a project to transfer 44,000 groups from Lotus Notes to Active Directory.
June 1999 -June 2000
Systems Consulting Group – Consultant
- Taught Lotus Notes R5 Server Administration and End User classes in 4 states for 3 nationwide clients.
- Responsible for administration of the day to day operations on site.
- Technical Lead for a Lotus Notes R4 to R5 upgrade for Iowa’s Department of Education.